Early Learning Educator (permanent, full time)
Whare Amai Early Learning Centre, Gisborne
Permanent, Full time (40 hours per week)
*******Come and join our Tamariki and Whānau focussed Early Learning Centre *******
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is dedicated to providing memorable experiences for tamariki and whānau by offering quality holistic educational opportunities utilising interactive learning. We are looking for a highly motivated permanent, full time qualified and registered Educator to inspire and be part of our friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
Are you passionate about the provision of early childhood education and have the talent to deliver quality care and educational programmes? If you have this passion and talent, then this position may be just the role you are looking for.
We are now offering a great opportunity for you to be part of the team at our Puna in Gisborne.
About the role:
To be successful in your application as qualified and registered Educator you will have:
- A Diploma or degree in Teaching Early Childhood Education (preferred) or Diploma in Teaching Primary, and Education Council of Aotearoa NZ current practising certificate
- Experience working with tamariki in early childhood education or new entrants
- Proven ability to plan and implement programmes for young tamariki
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Effective speaking skills – talking to others to convey information
- Effective narrative writing skills – communicating in writing as appropriate for the needs of whānau
- A sound understanding of te reo Māori phrases, mihi and greetings and of Māori values, culture and tikanga
This role does involve some lifting, bending and standing for long periods.
An ELC Educator is classed as a Core Worker under the Vulnerable Children’s Act and will need to pass a safety check under the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014.
Why you should apply:
Our centre is dynamic, modern and committed to providing high quality care for all tamariki and whānau and the wider community. We offer on-going professional learning and development, competitive remuneration and benefits and a wide support network from a team of passionate Early Childhood leaders.
How to apply:
Please register and apply on our Jobs Site: https://twoa.careercentre.net.nz/
Enquiries to 0800 777 404
Applications close: 26 August 2018
Job no: 18THO122
Closing Date: Sunday, 26 August 2018