Team Lead - Educational Services (Corrections)
Team Lead Educational Services – Corrections
Innovation and Development Group
Part time (18.75 hours per week), Fixed Term
He karanga tēnei ki te hunga e kai ngākau nui ana ki te kaupapa o Te Wānanga o Aotearoa. Mā te hoe kotahi ka haere kotahi atu
We invite applications for the Team Lead role in our Innovation and Development Group, Educational Services – Corrections to lead a team of kaiako / tutors who work in the Rimutaka and Arohata Correctional Facilities delivering intensive literacy and numeracy skills, Level 1 and 2 Te Reo and the NZ Certificate in Tikanga to inmate learners. This is an exciting opportunity to move into an entry level management role.
The primary purpose of the Team Lead role is to provide day-to-day management and support for tutorial staff and to ensure localised Corrections relationships are strong, expectations are met and compliance is maintained to a high level.
A relief kaiako component for short term absences to ensure the continuity of delivery will provide the opportunity to ‘keep your hand in’ and enable you to utilise your specialist subject knowledge in Literacy and Numeracy to support learners within the correctional environment.
Key objectives of the role include:
- Providing people leadership and support for all direct reports
- Monitoring the day to day activities of kaiako in the delivery of educational programme(s)
- Supervising kaiako direct reports so their activities meet departmental and organisational goals
- Fostering a positive work climate that engages and energises kaimahi efforts and success
- Coaching and mentoring kaimahi development as required
- Monitoring that educational information and data is entered and complete to a high standard with best practise reporting
To be successful in this role you will have 2+ years’ experience in a management role preferably in the tertiary education sector or prison environment with up to date knowledge and current experience with adult teaching.
In addition, you will require a:
- Formal adult learning and training qualification(s)
- National Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (Vocational)
- NZQA 4098 – Using standards to assess candidate performance
- Unit standards 11281 & 18203
- Full NZ Drivers Licence (Clean – Class 1)
As the successful candidate you will be required to complete the Department of Corrections on site induction in addition to the Te Wānanga o Aotearoa induction process.
A full NZ Driver’s License (Class 1) is essential and a basic level of physical fitness is required.
Applications close: 26 June 2018
Fixed Term Part-time
Job no: 18AHO086
Location: Lower Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt
Closing Date: Tuesday, 26 June 2018