Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Permanent - Full time
Palmerston North or Porirua
He karanga tēnei ki te hunga e kai ngākau nui ana ki te kaupapa o Te Wānanga o Aotearoa. Mā te hoe kotahi ka haere kotahi atu
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is one of New Zealand's largest tertiary education providers and upholds whānau transformation through education.
We invite applications for the position of Moderation Advisor. This career opportunity is your chance to join an innovative professional and dynamic Quality team and contribute toward the transformation of the organisation through an exciting change phase.
This permanent full-time position reports to the Aukaha Performance and Quality Assurance and can be based at either Palmerston North or Porirua.
The primary function of the Moderation Advisor is to provide moderation and assessment support within the Takiwā.
You will have proven skills and success in
- Providing quality assessment and moderation training
- Assisting with development of assessment, programmes, learning and assessment resources
- Planning and co-ordination of moderation activities
- Undertaking peer observation of teaching and assessment practices including collection and reviewing of assessment samples for moderation
- Maintenance of organisational moderation systems
- Effective relationships both internally and external
The successful candidate will have previous moderation experience as well as:
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with outstanding organisational skills
- 5 years’ experience in quality assurance assessment
- A qualification at level 7 on the NZQA framework
- Tertiary teaching qualification (i.e. NZ Certificate in Adult & Tertiary Teaching)
- NZ Certificate in Assessment Practice (level 4) preferred
- Excellent analytical thinking, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- General business acumen
A personal commitment to excellence and your growth is essential.
The ability or willingness to understand and converse in Te Reo Māori and an understanding of Māori values, culture and tikanga is required. Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is committed to supporting kaimahi through the continuous development of their Te Reo Māori ability and individual professional capability.
To apply for this position please register and apply on our jobs site: https://twoa.careercentre.net.nz/
Enquiries to Reti Kershaw-Hoeta: Reti.Kershaw-Hoeta@twoa.ac.nz or 04 238 4846
Closing 22 February 2019
Job no: 19TKEI020
Location: Palmerston North, Porirua
Closing Date: Friday, 22 February 2019