Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Aukaha Ako - Head Educational Delivery
Aukaha Ako - Head of Educational Delivery
You are a collaborative leader who is highly motivated and committed to continual improvement
You lead from a strengths base and have the ability to build positive and warm professional relationships
You are interested in working in an environment guided by Maaori principles and values
Te Waananga o Aotearoa has been providing exceptional value for more than 30 years to students and communities across New Zealand. We are New Zealand’s second largest tertiary provider, dedicated to whaanau transformation through education.
We invite applications for the Aukaha Ako – Head of Educational Delivery, based at our Manukau campus located in Maangere.
About the role:
The primary purpose of the Aukaha Ako is to provide strategic and operational educational services delivery and senior leadership responsibilities within the Te Ihu
The key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Have responsibility to coordinate the collaborative functioning of the Takiwaa senior leadership team that align with TWoA values and strategic goals
- Build educational capability and qualifications to the level required to deliver and sustain educational programmes and learning outcomes
- Lead, oversee and ensure quality academic delivery of programmes across the Takiwaa in alignment with curriculum requirements
- Oversee and manage the quality delivery of teaching and learning and assessment practices
- Oversee and manage quality delivery of rangahau and champion approved rangahau projects in Takiwaa
- Champion and lead projects relevant to teaching and learning in the Takiwaa, including Ako Waananga, and Literacy & Numeracy projects and initiatives
- You have a Masters qualification in Education, Educational Leadership or relevant field
- You have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in a senior educational leadership role
- You provide leadership and support to the team to ensure quality outcomes
- You are a supportive, collaborative team member who has the ability to get messages across using the appropriate method to suit the audience
- You ideally have the ability to converse in te reo Maaori with a sound understanding of Maaori values, culture and tikanga
If you have the passion and talent, then this position may be just the role you are looking for.
Why you should apply:
- A supportive team environment and a uniquely inclusive and culturally rich work place that is dedicated to Maaori development
- Competitive remuneration and excellent benefits with on-going professional learning and development
How to apply:
Please register and apply on our Jobs Site: https://twoa.careercentre.net.nz/
Please send enquiries to email@example.com
Applications close 28 April 2019
Job no: 19AHO055
Closing Date: Sunday, 28 April 2019