Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Coach - Youth Services
Coach – Youth Services
Permanent Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Paeroa / Waihi Area
- Use your skills to make a difference for rangatahi, whānau and communities
- Engage and connect with rangatahi (youth) to co create pathways of success
- Work in an environment guided by Māori principles and values
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa has been providing high quality holistic learning opportunities for more than 30 years to students across New Zealand. We are New Zealand’s second largest tertiary provider, dedicated to whānau transformation through education.
We currently have a vacancy for the role of Coach – Youth Services who will provide a professional, high quality range of support, engagement, delivery and services to rangatahi referred by the Ministry of Social Development (MSD).
About the role:
The Youth Service is an MSD funded service delivered by Te Wānanga o Aotearoa in specific geographic areas of Waikato. There are two services delivered to provide support and guidance to rangatahi who are:
(1) Not in Education Training or Employment (NEET) to engage in education, training, or work-based learning; and
(2) Receiving Youth Payment or Young Parent Payment.
The successful candidates will:
- Provide intensive support and guidance to help ensure rangatahi achieve sustainable education, training or work based learning/employment outcomes
- Carry out individual needs assessments and produce individual action plans with rangatahi to achieve realistic educational, training and employment goals
- Provide active case management to support and guide rangatahi to achieve educational goals and life skills.
- You have a Bachelor in Social Work, Education, Psychology, or similar and 4+ years’ experience working with rangatahi in an education, social services or similar type role;
- You will be an engager, someone who can connect with rangatahi and co-create pathways of success;
- You are highly proficient at building and managing complex relationships;
- You are a supportive, collaborative team player that can drive team targets and organisational objectives;
- You will also possess excellent relationship management skills and easily work across community, education, and social service providers;
- You have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and are a fast learner of operational systems and databases;
- You have a good understanding of te reo Māori phrases, mihi and greetings and of Māori values, culture and tikanga.
A full driver’s licence is essential as travel within the Waikato area is a requirement of the role.
This position is classed as a Core Worker and will need to pass a safety check, inclusive of Police Vetting, under the Children’s Act 2014.
Why you should apply:
- A kaupapa Māori organisation that is inclusive, nurturing and encourages kaimahi (staff) success
- On-going professional learning and development
- A friendly and supportive team environment
- Competitive remuneration and benefits including Southern Cross medical insurance
How to apply:
Please register and apply on our Jobs Site: https://twoa.careercentre.net.nz/
Applications close: 29 March 2020
Job no: 20AHO032
Location: Paeroa, Waihi
Closing Date: Sunday, 29 March 2020