Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Early Learning Educator (Kaiako)
Permanent, Part time (60 hours per fortnight)
- organisation committed to quality early learning with a focus on tamariki and whānau
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is dedicated to providing memorable experiences for tamariki and whānau by offering quality holistic educational opportunities utilising interactive learning. We are looking for a highly motivated, permanent qualified and registered part time Kaiako (Educator) to inspire and be part of our friendly, vibrant and dynamic team in Gisborne.
To be successful in your application as a qualified and registered Educator you will have:
- A Diploma or degree in Teaching Early Childhood Education (preferred) or Diploma in Teaching Primary
- Teaching Council of Aotearoa NZ current practising certificate
- Experience working with tamariki in early childhood education or new entrants
- Proven ability to plan, implement and evaluate programmes
- Effective narrative writing skills for assessment documentation
- Excellent relationship management skills
- A sound understanding of te reo Māori, tikanga and culture
This role does involve some lifting, bending and standing for long periods.
This position is classed as a Core Worker and will need to pass a safety check under the Children’s Act 2014.
Why you should apply:
- We are committed to providing high quality care and education for all tamariki and whānau and the wider community through aroha.
- We celebrate te reo Māori, uphold it and revere it as a taonga tuku iho
- We offer competitive remuneration with automatic progression on your anniversary, health insurance, on-going professional learning and development, and a wide internal support network.
To apply for this position please register and apply on our Jobs Site: https://twoa.careercentre.net.nz/
Applications close: 24 November 2019
Job no: 19THO159
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 November 2019