Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Early Learning Educator (Kaiako) Reliever
Whare Amai, Gisborne
- You are an exceptional and inspirational Educator who enjoys variety
- You enjoy working with tamariki and seeing their growth
- You will thrive in a uniquely diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich work place
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is dedicated to providing memorable experiences for tamariki and whānau by offering quality holistic educational opportunities utilising interactive learning. We are looking for a highly motivated, casual relieving Kaiako (Educator) to inspire and be part of our friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
Are you passionate about the provision of early childhood education and have the talent to deliver quality care and educational programmes? If you have this passion and talent, then this position may be just the role you are looking for.
Relievers are vital positions within our Puna as they enable continuity of delivery when the regular kaiako are absent due to sickness and other leave periods. To be successful in your application you will:
- Be available to work as an on call reliever to work as required on any day Monday to Friday to work at any time between the hours of 7.30am to 5.30pm (depending on the shift you are covering)
- Have experience working with tamariki in early childhood education or new entrants
- Have effective speaking skills – talking to others to convey information
- Be comfortable working in a Māori learning environment
- Be familiar with health and safety requirements
The role does involve some lifting, bending and standing for long periods.
ELC Educator positions are classed as a Core Worker and will need to pass a safety check under the Children’s Act 2014.
Why you should apply:
Our puna is dynamic, modern and committed to providing high quality care for all tamariki and whānau and the wider community. We offer competitive remuneration and a wide support network from a team of passionate Early Childhood leaders.
Applications close: 24 November 2019
Casual No Fixed Hours - Timesheet
Job no: 19THO160
Closing Date: Sunday, 24 November 2019