Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Early Learning Educator
Apakura Te Kākano, Te Awamutu
Permanent, Part time (70 hours per fortnight)
*******Come and join our Tamariki and Whānau focussed Early Learning Centre *******
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is dedicated to providing memorable experiences for tamariki and whānau by offering quality holistic educational opportunities utilising interactive learning. We are looking for a highly motivated, permanent qualified and registered part time Educator to inspire and be part of our friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
Are you passionate about the provision of early childhood education and have the talent to deliver quality care and educational programmes? If you have this passion and talent, then this position may be just the role you are looking for.
We are now offering a great opportunity for you to be part of the team at our Puna in Te Awamutu.
About the role:
To be successful in your application as qualified and registered Educator you will have:
- A Diploma or degree in Teaching Early Childhood Education (preferred) or Diploma in Teaching Primary, and Education Council of Aotearoa NZ current practising certificate
- Experience working with tamariki in early childhood education or new entrants
- Proven ability to plan and implement programmes for young tamariki
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Effective speaking skills – talking to others to convey information
- Effective narrative writing skills – communicating in writing as appropriate for the needs of whānau
- A sound understanding of te reo Māori phrases, mihi and greetings and of Māori values, culture and tikanga
This role does involve some lifting, bending and standing for long periods.
Why you should apply:
Our centre is dynamic, modern and committed to providing high quality care for all tamariki and whānau and the wider community. We offer on-going professional learning and development, competitive remuneration and benefits and a wide support network from a team of passionate Early Childhood leaders.
This position is classed as a Core Worker under the Vulnerable Children’s Act and will need to pass a safety check under the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014.
Enquiries to 0800 777 404 or email@example.com
Applications close: 28 April 2019
Job no: 19THO018
Location: Te Awamutu
Closing Date: Sunday, 28 April 2019