Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Early Learning Educator
Te Rau Ooriwa - Tokoroa
Permanent, Full time (80 hours per fortnight)
- You are an exceptional and inspirational Educator who enjoys variety
- You enjoy working with tamariki and seeing their growth
- You will thrive in a uniquely diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich work place
Te Waananga o Aotearoa is dedicated to providing memorable experiences for tamariki and whaanau by offering quality holistic educational opportunities utilising interactive learning. We are looking for a highly motivated, permanent qualified and registered full time Kaiako (Educator) to inspire and be part of our friendly, vibrant and dynamic team.
Are you passionate about the provision of early childhood education and have the talent to deliver quality care and educational programmes? If you have this passion and talent, then this position may be just the role you are looking for.
We are now offering a great opportunity for you to be part of the team at our Puna (Centre) in Tokoroa
About the role:
To be successful in your application as a qualified and registered Kaiako you will have:
- A Diploma or degree in Teaching Early Childhood Education (preferred) or Diploma in Teaching Primary
- Teaching Council of Aotearoa NZ current practising certificate
- Experience working with tamariki in early childhood education or new entrants
- Proven ability to plan and implement programmes for young tamariki, within a mixed age puna
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Effective speaking skills – talking to others to convey information
- Effective narrative writing skills – communicating in writing as appropriate for the needs of whaanau
- A sound understanding of te reo Maaori phrases, mihi and greetings and of Maaori values, culture and tikanga
This role does involve some lifting, bending and standing for long periods.
This position is classed as a Core Worker under the Vulnerable Children’s Act and will need to pass a safety check under the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014.
Why you should apply:
Our puna is dynamic and committed to providing high quality education and care for all tamariki and whaanau and the wider community. We offer on-going professional learning and development, competitive remuneration and benefits and a wide support network from a team of passionate Early Childhood leaders.
Please send enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5 May 2019
Job no: 19THO056
Closing Date: Sunday, 5 May 2019