Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Kaiako - Taikākā Alternative Education
Kaiako/Tutor – Taikākā Alternative Education
Casual Relievers (2 Positions)
Bay of Plenty and Waikato
He karanga tēnei ki te hunga e kai ngākau nui ana ki te kaupapa o Te Wānanga o Aotearoa. Mā te hoe kotahi ka haere kotahi atu
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa has been providing exceptional value for more than 30 years to students and communities across New Zealand. We are New Zealand’s second largest tertiary provider, dedicated to whānau transformation through education.
We are seeking creative, motivated and enthusiastic casual relieving kaiako (tutors) to be part of our friendly, vibrant and dynamic team who facilitate our Alternative Education programmes for secondary school tauira. The position is highly mobile with delivery being held in the Kawerau, Te Awamutu and Hamilton.
About the role:
Relievers are vital positions as they enable continuity of delivery when the regular kaiako are absent due to sickness and other leave periods.
As a Reliever you will support the kaiako during their absence to deliver the Alternative Education Programme to teach secondary school tauira literacy and numeracy in conjunction with the generic curriculum in accordance with contractual requirements. The role will utilise your expertise in support related roles, combined with your excellent relationship management, planning and facilitation skills.
To be successful in your application you will:
- Be available to work as an on call reliever to work as required on any day Monday to Friday at any time between the hours of 7.30am and 4.00pm
- 2+ years experience working with youth in Alternative Education, Social Work or a youth-work related role
- Experience with the NZ curriculum (levels 2-8)
- Have a good understanding of Māori tikanga and Te Reo Māori
- Hold a Diploma Level 5 in a related field
- Have a Level 5 teaching qualification
- Have, or be willing to undertake NCALNE Level 5, including unit standards 4098, 11281,18203
- A full New Zealand driver’s licence (P class preferred)
This position is classed as a Core Worker under the Vulnerable Children’s Act and will need to pass a safety check under the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014.
Please register and apply on our Jobs Site https://twoa.careercentre.net.nz/.
Applications close: 9 June 2019
Casual No Fixed Hours - Timesheet
Job no: 19THO070
Location: Kawerau , Hamilton
Closing Date: Sunday, 9 June 2019