Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Kaiako / Tutor
Tutor / Kaiako – Casual Reliever to 18December 2020
Educational Services Corrections
Location: Hawkes Bay Regional Correctional Facility
He karanga tēnei ki te hunga e kai ngākau nui ana ki te kaupapa o Te Wānanga o Aotearoa. Mā te hoe kotahi ka haere kotahi atu
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa has been providing exceptional value for more than 30 years to students and communities across New Zealand. We are New Zealand’s second largest tertiary provider, dedicated to whānau transformation through education.
We invite applications from passionate, professional and energetic individuals for the Relief Kaiako / Tutor position to cover Hawkes Bay Regional Correctional Facility.
- Vital positions within our service as they enable continuity of delivery when the regular kaiako are absent due to sickness and other leave periods so we avoid cancellation of classes and disappointment for the learners
- Required to relieve for kaiako delivering Literacy and Numeracy Support Services
- Experienced and versatile and can hit the ground running using ILPs and prepared teaching and study materials
- Compliant with regulatory requirements including those of the Department of Corrections
- Paid and hourly rate $28.20 to $30.77 depending on qualifications and experience
To be successful in your application you will:
- Be available to work as an on call reliever to work as required on any day Monday to Friday at any time between the hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Be comfortable working in a Correctional Facility
- Hold a Diploma in Adult Education or Teaching
- Hold the National Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (NCALNE) (Level 5) and NZQA unit standards 4098, 11281 and 18203 or willing to work towards these
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience successfully delivering Literacy and Numeracy training to at risk or second chance learners
- Be able to pass a stringent Police check to enable access to Department of Corrections Facilities and complete the Department of Corrections on site induction in addition to the Te Wānanga o Aotearoa induction process.
- Have a moderate level of fitness to enable access to classrooms on-site
A full NZ Driver’s License (Class 1) is essential.
Applications close: 23 October 2019
Casual No Fixed Hours - Timesheet
Job no: 19THO131
Closing Date: Wednesday, 23 October 2019