Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Kaiārahi – Digital Skills Coach (Hamilton)
Kaiārahi – Digital Skills Coach
Location: Te Waenga Takiwā, based in Hamilton
Full Time 37.5 hours per week
Fixed Term to December 2021
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa has been providing transformational education opportunities to New Zealanders for 35 years. We are a national education provider with more than 27,000 tauira enrolling with us each year. As the tertiary sector embarks on a challenging and exciting period of change, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is committed to supporting our tauira, their whānau and communities and being at the forefront of Mātauranga Māori tertiary education.
The Innovation Development Group is on a mission to provide digital skills to Māori and Pasifika whānau across Aotearoa. We recognise that COVID-19 lockdown has exposed the vulnerability for our whānau as significantly disadvantaged through lack of digital connectivity and digital literacy. This kaupapa aims to provide foundation digital skills and knowledge that will enable whānau to participate in a digitally enabled world and close the digital divide.
To support this initiative, we invite applications for the position of Kaiārahi – Digital Skills Coach, which are roles within the broader Innovation and Development Group and will be based in Hamilton.
About the role
The primary function of the Kaiārahi (Digital Skills Coach) is to provide teaching and subject knowledge in order to deliver the Kanorau Digital foundation skills short course. This is enabled through a quality learning experience delivered to a high level that supports digital skills achievement and confidence of everyday digital skills.
The role will also focus on building and maintaining strong relationships to drive recruitment outcomes and positive brand awareness.
Key deliverables for the role include:
- Planning and executing a recruitment plan to achieve individual participant targets
- Actively promoting Digital Skills Services within the community to build awareness and potential participants
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the conversion of leads into Digital Skills Services participants
- Fostering the full engagement of participants throughout the duration of the short course
- Providing mobile (off-site) delivery to a high quality professional standard and within site policy and standards
You will have:
- Diploma in Adult Education Level 5
- Diploma in Computing Level 5
- Able to understand and converse in Te Reo Māori (TARM level 4 or equivalent qualification)
- Proven experience successfully delivering digital training or other adult educational programmes
- Proven teaching or facilitation experience, working with adults or foundation level learners
- Proven experience relevant to planning and co-ordinating service delivery to diverse client groups
- A full NZ Driver’s Licence (Class 1) is essential
To apply for this position
For further details, including a position description, please view our Jobs site. To apply for this position please register on our Jobs site: https://twoa.careercentre.net.nz/
Enquiries to email@example.com
Applications close: We look forward to receiving your application which will be reviewed as they are received and therefore, you are encouraged to apply promptly as the vacancy will close when suitable applicants have applied.