Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Kairuruku Te Reo Māori
Permanent, Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa has been providing transformational education opportunities to New Zealanders for 35 years. We are a national education provider with more than 27,000 tauira enrolling with us each year. As the tertiary sector embarks on a challenging and exciting period of change, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is committed to supporting our tauira, their whānau and communities, and being at the forefront of Mātauranga Māori tertiary education.
We invite applications for the position of Kairuruku Te Reo Māori based at Te Puna Mātauranga in Te Awamutu.
About the role:
The role is accountable for the national management of the assigned Te Reo Māori programmes through providing ongoing, needs-based support of kaiako and all relevant stakeholders. The role ensures compliance with programme approval and accreditation requirements, establishing alignment with Te Wānanga o Aotearoa values and strategic objectives and teaching marau as required.
Kairuruku will use their expertise to collaborate, support, maintain and advise on the Te Reo Māori and tikanga Māori programme(s) to ensure alignment with TWoA strategic objectives (Te Pae Tawhiti, Te Pae Tata). An essential aspect of the support and advice is to teach the relevant Marau as and when required. This will include:
- Supporting kaiako to ensure programme delivery is of a high quality, is consistent, and is in accordance with academic processes and approval requirements
- Ensuring accuracy of all relevant material within required timeframes
- Ensuring that all kaiako are competent in the kaupapa of the programme
- Planning and delivering curriculum and assessment training on a regular and an as-needs basis
- Providing programme training sessions for Te Reo Māori kaiako, Delivery Managers and Leads
- Developing the national moderation cycle
About you – you will have:
- Bachelor Degree in Te Reo Māori
- Masters’ degree in Education or relevant associated field
- Diploma in Adult Education
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Te Reo Māori and Education and/or curriculum development design
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in teaching, preferable in the tertiary sector
- Intermediate user knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- A full NZ Drivers Licence
How to apply:
Please register and apply on our Jobs Site: https://twoa.careercentre.net.nz/
Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 7 March 2021