Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Subject Matter Expert (SME) – Disabilities Support
- Create an inclusive environment and provide disabilities support
- Develop strategies that improve awareness of critical issues and initiatives
- Work in an environment guided by Māori principles and values
Raroera Campus, Te Rapa, Hamilton
Permanent, full time
With over 1500 kaimahi and 30,000 tauira (students), Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is the largest Māori organisation and the second largest tertiary provider in New Zealand, dedicated to whānau transformation through education. We are looking for an experienced person for this exciting new role.
This is a permanent, full time role currently located at our Raroera campus (Te Rapa).
About the role:
The primary function of the SME –Disabilities Support is to ensure Te Wānanga o Aotearoa is creating a fully inclusive environment and meeting the obligations and compliance with relevant legislation pertaining to fair and equitable participation for tauira with impairments.
The role will advise, educate and implement best practice standards by:
- Reviewing and auditing Te Wānanga o Aotearoa (TWoA) practice based on Kia Ōrite – Code of Practice
- Developing a strategic plan to achieve a fully inclusive environment
- Reviewing and updating relevant policies and procedures to align with the disability strategy
- Providing advice to kaiako, student support advisors and all kaimahi working with tauira with impairments on best practice support techniques
- Conducting workshops in the Takiwā to educate kaimahi on supporting tauira with impairments, advocacy and policies and procedures
- Providing regular analysis and reporting on the success and retention of tauira with impairments
- You have a Bachelor degree in Education, Social Science or similar
- You have significant experience in the disability sector – policy development, strategic planning and delivery of services
- You have extensive experience in an educational context, with a focus on Tauira Success such as learner support and campus services
- You are a supportive, collaborative team member who has the ability to get messages across using the appropriate method to suit the audience
- You have a sound understanding of te reo Māori phrases, mihi and greetings and of Māori values, culture and tikanga
If you have the passion and talent, then this position may be just the role you are looking for.
Why you should apply:
- An exciting challenge in a very supportive team environment
- Competitive remuneration and excellent benefits
- On-going professional learning and development
How to apply:
Please register and apply on our Jobs Site: https://twoa.careercentre.net.nz/
Enquiries to 0800 777 404 or email@example.com
Applications close 28 January 2019
Job no: 19AHO003
Closing Date: Monday, 28 January 2019