Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Subject Matter Expert: Youth Development
Subject Matter Expert (SME) – Youth Development
Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Permanent, Full time
Location: Te Awamutu
SME – Youth Development
- Are you passionate about youth development and driving strategy implementation?
- Do you have an energy that is infectious, and an ability to genuinely connect with people and help them to be a part of important developments?
- Can you establish connectedness and pathways between rangatahi, TWoA and other key stakeholders
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa has been providing exceptional value for more than 30 years to students and communities across New Zealand. We are New Zealand’s second largest tertiary provider, dedicated to whānau transformation through education.
We are looking for Subject Matter Expert (SME) – Youth Development for a full time, permanent role based at our head office in Te Awamutu.
About the role:
The purpose of the Subject Matter Expert (SME) - Youth Development is to design, implement and monitor a coordinated Youth Strategy within Te Wānanga o Aotearoa. The SME role holder will have strategic oversight of all Te Wānanga o Aotearoa activities relating to youth, and will regularly report on the progress and achievements of these activities. The SME role holder will seek new education opportunities that support the Youth Strategy, and coordinate the activities that gain approval to implement these opportunities within TWoA. The SME role holder will ensure that all its activities have youth at the heart of its decision-making.
The role will:
- Develop and drive the implementation of a National Youth Strategy to meet the needs of tauira, TWoA and key stakeholders
- Coordinate key stakeholders to ensure an organisational wide, integrated approach to meeting the objectives of the National Youth Strategy
- Promote and support the development and inclusion of youth based objectives in key stakeholder strategic/business plans
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to regularly monitor, report back and adjust youth based objectives as required
- Champion the National Youth Strategy and influence stakeholders in order to get genuine support and action
- Manage contracts for service as required to meet contract milestones on time and within budget
- A Bachelor Degree in a relevant field
- Excellent ability in project management
- At least 7 years in a leadership position with strategic planning experience and responsibility for a national process/project
- 5+ years’ experience in delivery of services to youth
- An excellent ability to establish and maintain strong and meaningful strategic relationships with key stakeholders
- The ability to understand and converse in te reo Māori (Te Ara Reo Māori level 4 or equivalent qualification)
- A full NZ Drivers Licence
Why you should apply:
- You are passionate about youth and their success
- You enjoy working in a uniquely inclusive and culturally rich work place that is dedicated to whānau transformation through education
- We offer an exciting opportunity to strategically design and implement a strategy that is focussed on the future of youth education provision
How to apply:
Please register and apply on our Jobs Site: https://twoa.careercentre.net.nz/
Please send enquiries to email@example.com
Applications close: 27 August 2019
Job no: 19AHO121
Location: Te Awamutu
Closing Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2019