Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Tutor / Kaiako – Casual Reliever (Northland Region Corrections)
Tutor / Kaiako – Casual Reliever
Educational Services Corrections
Location: Northland Region Corrections Facility
He karanga tēnei ki te hunga e kai ngākau nui ana ki te kaupapa o Te Wānanga o Aotearoa. Mā te hoe kotahi ka haere kotahi atu
Te Wānanga o Aotearoa has been providing transformational education opportunities for 35 years to students and communities across New Zealand. We are one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary providers, dedicated to whānau transformation through education and we are utilising our expertise to work with the Department of Corrections to provide literacy and numeracy support services throughout NZ correctional facilities.
We invite applications from passionate, professional and energetic individuals for the Relief Kaiako / Tutor position to cover Northland Region Corrections Facility.
- Vital positions within our service as they enable continuity of delivery when the regular kaiako are absent due to sickness and other leave periods so we avoid cancellation of classes and disappointment for the learners
- Required to relieve for kaiako delivering Literacy and Numeracy Support Services
- Experienced and versatile and can hit the ground running using ILPs and prepared teaching and study materials
- Compliant with regulatory requirements including those of the Department of Corrections
- Paid and hourly rate $28.72 to $31.79 depending on qualifications and experience
To be successful in your application you will:
- Be available to work as an on call reliever Monday to Friday
- Be comfortable working in a Correctional Facility
- Hold a Diploma in Adult Education or Teaching
- Hold the National Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (NCALNE) (Level 5) and NZQA unit standard 4098 or willing to work towards these
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience successfully delivering Literacy and Numeracy training to at risk or second chance learners
- Be able to pass a stringent Police check to enable access to Department of Corrections Facilities
- Have a moderate level of fitness to enable access to classrooms on-site
A full NZ Driver’s License (Class 1) is essential.
Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 27 June 2021